martes, 12 de diciembre de 2006

Correo que llega a nuestro buzón

 DEAR FRIENDS,

Maybe you have seen the flyer with the photo of apartment buildings and $ signs circling the Parroquia?? I met one of the men who is gathering citizen protest to speak against the crass development of San Miguel. It will destroy the San Miguel we all, Mexicans, Americans, Canadians, etc...all know and love.

Specifically, we are referring to how is it possible that 7 story modern condos will be built? How was it permitted for ultra modern facades of the new Mega stores to be built?

This man, Rodrigo, told me that it is NOT A LOST CAUSE. THERE ARE LEGAL ACTIONS BEING TAKEN NOW THAT are designed to find out, and stop, the illegal actions that were done.

There are city officials who are against the sell-out of San Miguel, but they need public support and outcry. I explained that, as an American citizen, I wasn't sure what I could do. He told me that any person who is a Mexican taxpayer (like property taxes) has a voice in what happens to the city we pay taxes to.

He told me:

THERE IS A MEETING OF CITY OFFICIALS SOMETIME THIS FRIDAY, DEC 15TH, POSSIBLY AT 3:00 PM. THE OFFICIAL TIME OF THE MEETING WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE RADIO AND SENT AROUND BY FLYERS.

IF WE ALL GET ACTIVE IN PROTESTING THESE ACTIONS...WHICH WERE EITHER INCOMPETENT OR CORRUPT ...WE CAN THEN BE PARTICIPATING IN THE FATE OF SAN MIGUEL.

I suggest that all of us spread this news around, and keep informed by the radio, or internet.

KEEP TRACK OF WHAT IS HAPPENING ON;

http://bastayasma.blogspot.com/



No hay comentarios.: